AC SEJ’s goals include efforts to:
- Foster community dialogue and social action to create an equitable, inclusive, and sustainable future for all, instead of a culture that “deals a stacked deck” to primarily benefit the wealthiest few;
- Stand in opposition to the hate-filled attacks on the people and issues we champion;
- Focus on structural change rather than simply seeking to engage in defensive, band aid approaches that do not address the root causes of our problems;
- To the extent permitted by law engage in candidate and issue based electoral campaigns and regulatory policies;
- Reach out to those that have not normally been part of our coalitions;
- Expand our base by forming alliances with like-minded people;
- Have the wisdom when expanding the base and forming alliances to put the interests of the common good over those of individuals or organization;
- Think globally and act locally.
We will strive for and support, among other things:
- Social and economic justice for vulnerable communities;
- Civil and constitutional rights of everyone, including the rights of those we stand with;
- Living wage jobs and the economic well being of the whole rather than the wealthy few;
- Environmental principles that protect our earth and people;
- Health care for all at affordable rates;
- Police that place the interests of people over property; no police misconduct
- Right to quality education, affordable housing (minimize displacement and gentrification) and public transportation;
- Trade agreements that work for the good of workers, community, and the environment.
- Campaign finance reform that prevents corporations and the wealthy from unduly influencing elections and public policy;
- A foreign policy that fosters peace and not exploitation.